Saturday, May 18, 2024

Pantropica in North Holland

I was talking to my Dutch colleague about tropical nature of India and diversity etc. He then suggested me to visit "Pantropica". 

Well that was good enough for me to quickly make a plan. 


We live in Ermelo. Pantropica is about 70 KM from our place. No good public transport to the place. I settled for a taxi to & fro my my place.

We set out from from morning 0900 and reached there at 10hrs. 

Pantropica opens at 1000 hrs and closes at 1800 hrs. Closed on few public holidays. Opens on Saturday and Sunday. 

Need to buy ticket. 17.50 euros for adults and 11 Euros for kids. Entry free for infants. 

It was formerly an "ORCHID GARDEN". Now a full fledged theme park with big tropical garden, Orchids, aquarium, butterfly park,  Flamingos, ducks, Ibis, dwarf donkeys and Turtles and meerkats, lemurs and monkey type animas and birds.  

It has  good restaurants and children play areas inside the campus. The whole area is under covered roof and controlled climate, to create humid, tropical like climate.

A big parking lot to accommodate private vehicles. 

One can spend three to four hours easily. 


One can buy the plants also in the shopping arena.