Thursday, November 29, 2018

Himavad Gopalswamy Hill and Sri Ranganathaswamy temple, Srirangapattana

I had heard about Himavad Gopalaswamy Temple. My Friend Aruna mentioned it when I told him I was at Nanjangud. 
I said why not visit the place on a Sunday. I started reading more about the place,  Checked the route. 

HIMAWAD GOPALASWAMY BETTA

From Nanjangud you need to go to Gundlupete. (about 35 km) From Gundlupete to Hangala (about 10 km). From Hangala to checkpost 8 km. 2 km further uphill is Temple. 

I took KSRTC bus at 0630 hrs from Nanjangud to Gundlupete.

In Gundlupete bus stand there are green color Government buses displaying a board " Gopalaswamy Betta (Betta means hill in Kannada) but not all of them go to Betta. So Check with them before you board.
But most of them go via Hangala. You can wait for correct bus at Gundlupete or go to Hangala and wait for the bus to go to temple which comes from Gundlupete only. 

I took a bus at 0730 hrs that goes via Hangala and got down at Hangala. 

The checkpost is about 8 km from Hangala. The bus reached the check post at 0830 hrs. No private vehicles are allowed to go beyond checkpost.  Further up about 2 km is the temple. 

There was a large tourist group waiting and they all boarded the bus.  The forest guard opened the gate by 0830 hrs. This is first bus that goes to the hill top where the temple exists. 

The entire route road is really good and midst of paddy and other crop field. Quite green all around. Quite chilled too as we got closure to the hill top.

It was quite foggy and chilled. This is kind of climate people witness here through out the year. Quite nice.

I wanted to walk up the hill, but that is not allowed. 

I took Darshana of Sri Gopalaswamy and  Arati,  clicked some picture. Temple was not that well maintained. 

Not much to photograph. Time to go back. 

The bus that brought us to hill top makes round trips between hill top and check post (about 2 km) every 30 minutes.

I came down to check post. 

You can get some eatables, coffee, chai at checkpost. I checked up for the return bus to Gundlupete. The guy there casually said that the bus is at 1300 hrs ! 

I was not prepared to waste time there. It was still 1000 hrs. 

I anyway wanted to walk. Hence I walked about 8km back to Hangal. Climate was cool. I enjoyed the walk thoroughly. 

I took a KSRTC bus from Hangal to Mysore directly. 

I had planned to visit SriRangapattna in the after noon.



Sri Himawad Gopalaswamy Temple



View of temple from other edge






Foggy around the area. 




Road that I walked back to Hangal. 

If you are expecting a architecturally great temple, you will be disappointed. If you want to walk along the road from Hangal to Temple & back in early morning, it would be nice. 


Nice green patch on road side.

SRIRANGAPATTANA 

I reached Mysore about 1400 hrs. 

From Mysore I went to Srirangapattana by bus by 1430 hrs. 

My first visit to Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple. The Temple opens at 1600 hrs in the afternoon. Morning time could have been better because of the crowd. 

I had ample of time. I booked an auto to go Nimishamba Temple and Kaveri Sangama. 

Sangama area was filled plastic, waste papers, cloths. Just not maintained at all. I have no idea as to when we learn to keep our places clean. 


Kaveri Sangama



A Raftman in Sangama


I reached the Temple by 1600 hrs. I took Darshana of Swamy. Beautiful deity in sleeping posture. No pictures allowed inside. 



Beautiful SriRama Statue 




The Gopura of Sri Ranganatha swamy Temple.


It was very satisfying trip today. Darshana of Goplaswamy and Sri Ranganathaswamy - feeling blessed.